Thursday, September 26, 2013

So now what?

"It's not, what you thought, when you first began it..." -Aimee Mann "Wise Up"


This song lyric has been running through my head for the past few days as I recovered from a cold and jet lag.   My trip overseas was absolutely amazing and yet was nothing like I thought it would be.  So now I begin the next phase in my life, the next adventure, the next journey.

Who knows what life has in store for them, but if you open yourself up to all the possibilities the world has to offer; you may just surprise yourself.  In my meager existence  somehow I have always ended up exactly where I needed to be even if I wasn't always aware that it was the place I needed to be.  Every experience teaches us something new about the world and about ourselves.  For a life long learner, that is the most rewarding part of any adventure.  Just like my adventure in Okinawa, there is always more to see and learn about the world around us.  Here is to seeking out those new things!

Speaking of my Okinawa trip- I must state that I am eternally grateful for the hospitality of my hosts in Okinawa.  I am very blessed and lucky to have friends that are so willing to accommodate a crazy, last minute traveler like myself!   There are not enough words to express my sincere appreciation for them as the trip would not have been so packed full of awesome things to do- on my own I would have never known where to begin.       

No comments:

Post a Comment